Cracked Filter Please advise

I doubt there is a way to repair it that would last. You could probably do some kind of fiberglass patch if you are really handy, but I wouldn't expect it to last too long. I also doubt it was the pressure that caused the failure. Pool components are usually rated higher than the pump pressure could even get to. How old is the filter? If it has been in the sun for a long time it could have gotten brittle from the uv exposure causing it to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh, the pressure got too high on my Hayward ec75a filter and burst on the side. :( Is there anyway of repairing this ? Dropping a grand on a new one doesnt sound like my idea of a plan.

thanks !

There is no need to drop a grand on a brand new EC75. And by that I mean, the net has them for $550 with free shippiing or less.If you can do the plumbing yourself then you are set. But if your housing is split there is no feasible cheap/longterm solution, unless it is under warranty.

I don't see your pool or equipment size in your sig, but I'd suggest that since you're likely replacing it anyway take a look and see if it's appropriately sized for your pool. Also don't be tied to a bump filter or even a DE filter just because you have one now.

thank you ALL. I am going to buy one from Amazon or new from ebay and try and fit myself. Cannot imagine its that difficult. :rolleyes:

Agreed, no repIr is going to hold the pressure for long. You will spend time and money just to be frustrated in the end.

$433 on Amazon including free shipping.

You may be able to replace just the cracked part. Check out the parts diagram in this PDF.

Remember, Google is your friend:D

I had a Hayward DE filter split ... I happened to have the pool installed so knew it was less than 5 years old and Hayward sent me a replacement case. Does not sound like you have any way of proving how old it is though.

Installing a filter ... especially the same one, should be a relatively easy install. Post pictures of the current setup if you want help figuring out the best way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had a DE filter crack. Tried fixing it, no go. Don't even bother trying it won't hold. I was able to replace just the bottom (cracked) half of the filter for a fraction of the cost of a new filter. If you do replace the entire filter, don't limit yourself to keeping the same size or type filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.