Upgrade EasyTouch 4 to 8 - Circuit Board replacement only?

Aug 5, 2014
Oviedo, FL
I appreciate the help on this one in advance. Pool builder installed EasyTouch 4 Pool & Spa with 4 Relays. As the electrician was wiring he and I both realized that I'll need 7 relays to achieve what I want - aka the EasyTouch 8 Pool & Spa. I called the pool builder and they wanted to charge more than I'm willing to pay for the board upgrade with the additional relays.

The current EasyTouch 4 board is PN#520659. My question is, and I think this will work, if I replace just the circuit board with the EasyTouch 8 board (PN#520657) and buy additional relays (PN#520106) this would work?

I can save a LOT of money by buying outside of the builder. I just wasn't sure if there were additional headers or cables needed that connect the control unit to the circuit board for the EZ8 vs the EZ4.

There's the rub, main board is way over priced. Actually, iAqualink upgrade is cheaper than straight board 4 to 8 U/G. Did you incur the need for the extra relays after the builder was finished? IOW, did you add the extras? Or did the builder screw up? If the builder missed that, i would push him for better price on that, or no charge at all.

There's the rub, main board is way over priced. Actually, iAqualink upgrade is cheaper than straight board 4 to 8 U/G. Did you incur the need for the extra relays after the builder was finished? IOW, did you add the extras? Or did the builder screw up? If the builder missed that, i would push him for better price on that, or no charge at all.

We started adding lamp posts around the pool deck - our fault. :)

This is one reason that I would never suggest a 4 aux control on a pool spa combo. The spa uses so many aux circuits to run it leaves very little for the "toys" . I'm surprised your builder can't swap it for a reasonable price as they should be able to use the other one somewhere else.

So, long story short... If you want to upgrade your system from 4 to 8 all you need is the 8 motherboard and whatever additional relays you need, right? It seems the indoor control is optional if you just want to use the main panel or screenlogic to control your pool. Appreciate the advice because I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I have a pool/spa combo and I'm tapped out. I'd like to add some landscape lighting and perhaps a slide. Having four more relays would really help. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.