Sheer descent waterfall features: sheer or rain descent?

Millty

Feb 16, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi, Anyone have the sheer descent rain style waterfall? We are putting 3 sheers on the back wall of our pool, one 3' sheer and two 2' sheers. The 2' sheers will be on 1' tall wall which will be a drop to waterline of ~14" and the center 3' sheer will be a drop to waterline of ~20". We can't decide if we should do the sheer or the rain style sheer. I read the rain one is louder which might be good for blocking neighbor noise, but we don't want it so loud that we have to shout to hear each other. They will be at the back wall of pool. The only other water feature we will have is 3 bubblers on baja shelf and one in the spa, and two spillovers from the spa into pool but I would guess these will make very minimal noise, since we are doing a flush with the deck pool spa so not far for water to spill.

I have only seen pictures of the rainfall sheers, but I think they look nice and different from the usual sheer style. Anyone have suggestions on sheer or rain style waterfall sheer descent water features? Anyone have brand preference?

Thanks,
Millty

with those drops you quoted the rainfall noise will not be that loud. The Jandy Sheer Descents have an "X Baffle" inside the body of the fall which improves the water flow and balance through the fall to give you a better shape of water through the lip. with the rainfall i think they only have 2 row rain inserts available. http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Water-Designs/Sheer-Rain.aspx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.