Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumb question: Where is my iAqualink serial number?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumb question: Where is my iAqualink serial number?

Hi ya'll,

I downloaded the app for Zodiac so I can control pool functions from my phone. Upon setup it is asking for my iAqualink serial number. I looked all over in the manuals, even opened up the control box at the equipment pad but I can't find the serial number. Where would I find it?

Thanks,
    Emil

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumb question: Where is my iAqualink serial number?

Is it asking for device number or serial number? I installed mine a few weeks ago and I think I had to enter a device number...started with QNF. I found it on the back of a thing that looks like a door tag, you know those advertisements that people hang on your front door knob. It's got a pocket on the front but if you flip it over it's got a sticker with a device number on it.

Hope this helps.
    14,000 gal IG Pebble Sheen, Jandy RS8/iAqualink Pool Automation, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWCG, Triton II Sand Filter, In-floor cleaning system, Pentair Intelliflo VS (Filter), Jandy Stealth 1 HP (In-Floor Cleaner), Jandy Stealth .75 HP (Water Feature), Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok I found the serial number on the box. The install doesn't seem to be going as planned. I downloaded the app then went to the Zodiac iAqualink website to register. When I plug in the serial number, then I name the location it says make sure device is online and you're connected to the same network. I have a feeling this involves more than downloading an app. I do have the zodiac aqualink PDA, should I just stick with that?

4. Back To Top    #4

I recommend reading through the manual on configuring the network interface: https://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/.../H0364100.ashx

To configure mine (the regular iaqualink, not the 2.0) I had to connect the network interface to my computer using the enclosed USB cable an download an app on my laptop for configuring it.
    15k gunite pool with attached spa; iAqualink controller; Intelliflo VF pump; hayward cartridge filter; Heliocol solar panels; Hayward H250 natural gas heater

5. Back To Top    #5

My PB had to install a wifi range extender to get mine to work. My wifi gateway is located in my media room on the second floor. The box the I aqualink came in will have a quick start card that has the #'s you need to input.

Hope this helps.

Here is what was installed

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-n...&skuId=5471046
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build