Raypak Gas Heaters

Jun 4, 2009
Folks I need your guidance.

I'm going to purchase a natural gas heater for my inground pool. It is an 18X36 with no deep end. It holds about 90,000 liters or 24000 US gallons. It seams that Raypak is the most recommended on the site. I noticed they carry two types a Low Nox and their regular model. Should I go with the regular and if so what size? One more thing, I'm in Canada and would like to extend my season by about 4 weeks (Bring temp up by 10 to 15 degrees farenheight).

Thanks on advance.

Randy

We recommend getting the largest heater you can. It will use just about the same amount of gas, but will heat the water faster. You do need to be mindful of what your gas supply and pipes will support though.

If you are not required to have the Low Nox in your jurisdiction, then I see no reason to pay for it.

We recommend getting the largest heater you can. It will use just about the same amount of gas, but will heat the water faster. You do need to be mindful of what your gas supply and pipes will support though.

If you are not required to have the Low Nox in your jurisdiction, then I see no reason to pay for it.

Speaking of going big I would also look into hayward's new 500K heater. That will give you an extra boost to get those 4 weeks. Hayward Universal H Series H500FDN

I though all heaters over 399,000 btu had to have high low gas cutoffs, manual resetting high limits, and a bunch of other ****. I don't think I could "legally" install one here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.