We have a pool that is a 16' x 32' inground with vinyl liner. The pool was installed about 25 years ago, the liner was replaced at least 10 years ago probably before then. Vertical walls are poured concrete, then the slanted walls and floor is I would guess compacted sand.
Here is what we are looking to do:
- New vinyl liner
- Redo and expand the deck with either stamped concrete or pavers.
- Install a salt water generator.
- Considering having sand dug up and replaced with vermiculite sides/bottom.
- We need a new safety cover for winter.
1. Liner colors - The brand my local pool company installs is called VynAll. They have collections that are grouped by: Light, Medium, Dark. This based on how dark or light blue you want the water to look. Anyone have experience with these colors and want to post a picture or two to show?
2. Liner thickness. standard is 20 mil, all colors have option of 28 mil for about $350 more. Does the thicker liner make sense? With what this whole thing is gonna cost, $350 doesn't bother me too much.
3. Stamped concrete vs Pavers - We like the look of both. Stamped concrete is significantly more expensive than pavers. But the pool construction company only works with stamped concrete, so if we went with pavers we'd have to bring in a second contractor. Any strong feeling for/against pavers or stamped concrete?
4. Salt Water Generator - Got a ballpark quote for $3,000 which includes installation. I know prices vary around the country, but for some reason thought it was a bit high.
5. Vermiculite - I'm not even sure if my pool construction company suggests this or not, the conversation hasn't gotten that far yet. I've just been reading up about it. I might be inclined to just do whatever they suggest.
Just curious if anyone has any opinions on any of the above, or if there are any "gotchas" I should be thinking about or asking about.