Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wrought Iron pool furniture Q

1. Back To Top    #1

Wrought Iron pool furniture Q

The wifey is dead set on getting a pair of wrought iron chaise lounges for the pool deck, but I'm having trouble finding any that don't cost an arm and a leg. $300+ per chair just seems high to me.

Do any of you seasoned professionals have a recommendation on an inexpensive chair brand or distributor that is good quality?

Thanks in advance!
    Working on it... 33' x 21' Free form IG gunite with a 56 sf sunledge, 3 bubblers, and raised rear wall with 3' water sheer.
    Pebblesheen, leuder coping, and Oklahoma stone in wall.
    2.5 HP Pentair VS pump, Pentair Quad DE filter, Pentair Racer cleaner
    300 Rainbow Chlorinator, O2 Clear Ozone Sanitizer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wrought Iron pool furniture Q

All the good patio furniture is very expensive. I don't believe you will find a quality wrought iron chair for less than $300...an likely more. The non-cushion part of the chair will last a lifetime or until you outgrow it.
    30,000 plaster in-ground pool with spa; 2.5HP single speed Centurion pump; Raypak RP2100 propane heater; Polaris 280 with pump, waterfall with separate pump, Triton II commercial sand filter; TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Wrought iron look really nice...until it starts to rust. its a never ending battle keeping it looking nice around a pool.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

My wife opted for the aluminum wrought iron look. LOL...They even have it so it looks pre-rusted! To some, rust means character!!
    30,000 plaster in-ground pool with spa; 2.5HP single speed Centurion pump; Raypak RP2100 propane heater; Polaris 280 with pump, waterfall with separate pump, Triton II commercial sand filter; TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL, I think the aluminum wrouth iron look is perfect for pool!

I used to think a little rust meant character too, until it started getting bad and I had to fix it! Its starting to get old doing that. I enough other things to do already!

Quote Originally Posted by Billrector View Post
    My wife opted for the aluminum wrought iron look. LOL...They even have it so it looks pre-rusted! To some, rust means character!!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Pre-rusted aluminum wrought iron is awesome!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the input, guys. I guess I'll look at the pre-rusted stuff, too!
    Working on it... 33' x 21' Free form IG gunite with a 56 sf sunledge, 3 bubblers, and raised rear wall with 3' water sheer.
    Pebblesheen, leuder coping, and Oklahoma stone in wall.
    2.5 HP Pentair VS pump, Pentair Quad DE filter, Pentair Racer cleaner
    300 Rainbow Chlorinator, O2 Clear Ozone Sanitizer

8. Back To Top    #8

Divin Dave,

9. Back To Top    #9

Beware of rust stains on your deck (ours is Travertine) as we are experiencing.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!