how to change outlet pipes from intex pool to PVC.

Hey guys,,,

I'm having a few dramas trying to change the outlet pipes on my Intex ultra pool.
What I want to do is change the diameter to a 1 1/2" pvc pipe ,, can it be done ?????

As most of you guys probably know that the ultra pools come with those crazy 38mm screw on flexible pipes and stupid shut off valves which attach too a plastic T,
it then has a skinny *** pipe of about 25mm which goes through the side of the pool one runs the internal skimmer and the other just pulls water.

So,,, if anyone has the know how on this subject please share it with me,,, going nuts trying to work out how its done.

Intex sells adapters that will convert from their proprietary connectors to standard PVC connections. A few people have also built adapters from scratch. Finally, it is also possible to replace all of the non-standard Intex fittings with conventional above ground pool fittings, though that means giving up you Intex pump filter and doing a little careful cutting of the pool to make the holes a little larger.

Hi there Smitty....

You are going to need to buy the larger intex adapters and cut holes in the pool... I know it sound drastic, but I did it, just like many other intex owners have upgraded.... You can check my thread in my signature to find the pics of how I did it.... The plunger valves will fit perfectly with the new adapters.... But when you buy the larger adapters buy plunger valves at the same time, this will make hose connections much easier.... :)

Another way around it is using 90 degree pvc elbows to screw directly onto the new intex fittings, and putting in ball valves so you can cut the water off.... I hope this helps... You can also search for Intex Adapters in the search function....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.