Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: throw away old Super Blue?

1. Back To Top    #1

Whidbey Island, WA

throw away old Super Blue?

Have 3 bottles of Super Blue left over from times past. Don't need it. Time to get rid of it.
    Could take to ?garbage ?hazardous waste but
    Is there anything wrong with just using it up?
    Does it do anything bad? Like gum up the glass?
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Benton, KY

Re: throw away old Super Blue?

Sell it to someone who hasn't seen the light yet. They'll think they got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100XL

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Robarb™ Super Blue is a clarifier so you wouldn't want to use it up. Overdosing can cause cloudy water and gum up the filter. You should not need to use it. It likely is similar to GLB® Clear Blue® made by the same company (Advantis Technologies bought by Laporte Water Technologies bought by Arch Chemical bought by Lonza) which is a product I used once to quickly clear a pool after a phosphate remover experiment clouded the water and my wife would be swimming the next morning so I needed faster-than-usual clearing. So while it probably works in some situations, you'll likely not have any need to use it.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

We can't advise you on proper disposal of any product, but perhaps the mfr can. I would think if it's safe to swim in, it can't be too harmful.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr