Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cool Pool Gadgets

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Pool Gadgets

So who has some cool pool gadgets? I have been looking for a submarine or boat but haven't found one worth anything yet.

I do have some color changing LED floating spheres. They are cool at night.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cool Pool Gadgets

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ub%2Caps%2C189

I was thinking about trying some of these mini things out next summer. Thought my daughter and I could have some fun with them.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ar-Flow-Nozzle

I plan to make one of these as soon as the snow melts. I also plan to do some lighting on the deck and some type of wifi/bluetooth with some outdoor speakers.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

3. Back To Top    #3

Subs would be fun. An rc boat would be cool, but I would want a fast one, and I would be afraid I would tear my liner if I ran into the side. Maybe that's an unrealistic fear. I looked into the laminar flow nozzle. I may try something this summer. Led would put it over the limit $$ wise.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by n240sxguy View Post
    I looked into the laminar flow nozzle. I may try something this summer. Led would put it over the limit $$ wise.
    I am guessing there might be a cheaper way of lighting it up.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

5. Back To Top    #5

OY thing I have read about the subs is the cheap amazon versions don't work too deep.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014

6. Back To Top    #6

Got a little rechargeable battery operated boat that hauls serious butt. Not sure the brand, but it's been a lot of fun and my daughter has loved it!
    Working on it... 33' x 21' Free form IG gunite with a 56 sf sunledge, 3 bubblers, and raised rear wall with 3' water sheer.
    Pebblesheen, leuder coping, and Oklahoma stone in wall.
    2.5 HP Pentair VS pump, Pentair Quad DE filter, Pentair Racer cleaner
    300 Rainbow Chlorinator, O2 Clear Ozone Sanitizer

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks to this thread I've been reading about all kinds of R/C vehicles for the last two hours!

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm thinking about a boat. Need to find something in the <$35 range and see how it works. At least then we can get some enjoyment out of the pool prior to swim season.
    ~Paul

9. Back To Top    #9

You have to know we are VERY good a spending YOUR money LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit