Travertine deck to come see in DFW?

Oct 10, 2014
Arlington
We are deciding between travertine and concrete (Belgard) pavers for our pool deck (dig starts in a week or so). Do you know of a travertine pool deck we could visit to see what it looks like? Most preferable would be silver, tumbled, unfilled, Turkish travertine, with or without polymeric sand. Thanks! Please PM me -Alan

Hi Alan,

I removed your phone number from public view and added for others to PM you instead. Probably best not to have your phone in the public forum just in case. Good luck in viewing a pool. We have tons of DFW people here, so maybe one can help you out. Welcome to TFP!

Alan,
We chose pavers for our decking. Here is a link to our construction. The third page, at the bottom, has a few pics of our deck.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-about-to-start-any-help-is-appreciated/page3

We chose Belgard for a couple of reasons: 1) Cost- travertine is more expensive 2) Texture- Yes, travertine does not get as hot, but it is very slippery (even when not wet).
Let me know if you have any other questions.

We chose Belgard for a couple of reasons: 1) Cost- travertine is more expensive 2) Texture- Yes, travertine does not get as hot, but it is very slippery (even when not wet).
Let me know if you have any other questions.

We went with tumbled travertine and it's not to bad slip-wise.....not the grip of concrete but in 7 years with kids running around no one has ever slipped. we did the whole patio and the walk ways around the house the same and it's help up nicely.

On cost we ended up paying about 3.35/sqft for the stone itself. I found web site for a place in Turkey (I'd have to dig a bit for a link) that was willing to send references (which checked out) and they handled the shipping to the US for me. There was a little stress with "our container was tagged for inspection" , "oh, now the inspection is done but it's too late to get ti off the dock so you own storage/rental", "the truck will be there by 10Am...WAIT! you said I'd get 24 hours notice! sh*t! I need to get a fork truck delivered in 2 hours!"

but once we got past all that the final cost was about $3.35 which has 1/2 what the local stone place quoted me and my wife was happy that she got what she wanted so that's all the matters I guess.

We went with tumbled travertine and it's not to bad slip-wise.....not the grip of concrete but in 7 years with kids running around no one has ever slipped. we did the whole patio and the walk ways around the house the same and it's help up nicely.

On cost we ended up paying about 3.35/sqft for the stone itself. I found web site for a place in Turkey (I'd have to dig a bit for a link) that was willing to send references (which checked out) and they handled the shipping to the US for me. There was a little stress with "our container was tagged for inspection" , "oh, now the inspection is done but it's too late to get ti off the dock so you own storage/rental", "the truck will be there by 10Am...WAIT! you said I'd get 24 hours notice! sh*t! I need to get a fork truck delivered in 2 hours!"

but once we got past all that the final cost was about $3.35 which has 1/2 what the local stone place quoted me and my wife was happy that she got what she wanted so that's all the matters I guess.

How would I get the info from mk e on how to contact the Travertine supplier in Turkey? We were almost set on rose colored TN flagstone when comments today that it would be too hot to walk on in July and August have me WORRIED and looking at alternatives. But I love the pink!

Thank you for answering! The link took me to Facebook, but I will have to use my daughter's FB login later today to look at it. I found the MSI website. I found a travertine in CA I love called Lugano which is a cream with lots of various brown streaks, but I'm sure it would have a different name with MSI.

Is there any way you and my husband can discuss a few issues? Otherwise, I will gather his questions for you in a reply. Really appreciate your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.