Big bubbles coming out of return jets

Limey

Jul 14, 2011
Central Florida
Issue started recently. Whenever my pool pump is activated fairly large bubbles gurgle out of the 3 return jets for a few seconds. The pool pump strainer basket is full of water and looks primed when pump is off. I've also noticed less circulation power than before. In particularly with the pool side vac. If I turn the handy valve to pool side vac more air seems to be introduced into pump basket.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Check to see if you have air accumulating in the filter when the pump is on. You can do this by bleeding any air out of the filter, waiting until the pump has been running for a couple of hours, and then bleeding the air out again. If air is accumulating in the filter while the pump is on you probably have a suction side air leak. If not there are other things to look into.

Check to see if you have air accumulating in the filter when the pump is on. You can do this by bleeding any air out of the filter, waiting until the pump has been running for a couple of hours, and then bleeding the air out again. If air is accumulating in the filter while the pump is on you probably have a suction side air leak. If not there are other things to look into.

Thanks I'll go read the instructions on my sta rite sand filter as I've never actually bled it before. I'm assuming there will be a knob somewhere on the sand filter housing that I open when pool pump is off.

Most filters have a valve at the very top of the filter that is opened to let air out. This valve is opened while the pump is running and closed as soon as water comes out.

The one exception is filters with a multi-position main valve mounted directly on top of the filter, which let air out automatically.

Most filters have a valve at the very top of the filter that is opened to let air out. This valve is opened while the pump is running and closed as soon as water comes out.

The one exception is filters with a multi-position main valve mounted directly on top of the filter, which let air out automatically.

Its a sta rite 240 BPM with the multiport on top. I think it would be better to take some pictures. I've also noticed sometimes some slight weeping in two or three places in the system. Will update with pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.