C&C 100 vs C&C 200

Sep 4, 2012
I am looking at new pool filters and I don't understand something. Something that I read made it look like the C&C cartridge filter from Pentair can take a 100 or 200sf filter cartridge. but when I look for prices I am seeing two identical pictures for the C&C with one listed as a 100 and one listed as a 200. the 200 is about $200 more money. What am I missing? Why would I pay more if it is the same thing with a different cartridge?
thanks.

The C&C 100 and C&C 200 are significantly different. The 100 needs 15 inches less vertical clearance. The C&C 150 and C&C 200 are identical except for the cartridge. The C&C 200 cartridge has many extra pleats, and so a greater surface area (which is what maters with cartridge filters). The price difference between the 150 and 200 is fairly small, in-line with the difference in replacement cartridge prices.

If at all possible, I recommend getting a much larger filter, perhaps something from the C&C Plus line. A larger filter can go longer between backwashes and is slightly more efficient. Given your pool size, even the 200 is kind of minimal.

The C&C 100 and C&C 200 are significantly different. The 100 needs 15 inches less vertical clearance. The C&C 150 and C&C 200 are identical except for the cartridge. The C&C 200 cartridge has many extra pleats, and so a greater surface area (which is what maters with cartridge filters). The price difference between the 150 and 200 is fairly small, in-line with the difference in replacement cartridge prices.

If at all possible, I recommend getting a much larger filter, perhaps something from the C&C Plus line. A larger filter can go longer between backwashes and is slightly more efficient. Given your pool size, even the 200 is kind of minimal.

The bottom half of a CC 100 and 200 are the same the top half of the 200 is taller to accommodate the larger cartridge.

I agree about getting a larger filter.

The bottom half of a CC 100 and 200 are the same the top half of the 200 is taller to accommodate the larger cartridge.

I agree about getting a larger filter.

An explanation on why their pictures look the same is that most manufactures only provide one stock picture for a line of filters. They usually choose the larger versions to use as the stock picture for the fitler line to give the best representation of the potential size of the unit. For single cartridge units the smaller the cartridge the squattier the lid. Most sites should have a chart of A -B dimensions that show the width and length of the filter housing to give the consumer enough information to determine it will fit on their equip pad.

And to agree with the previous posters, "Go big or go home" :p

pentair-cleanandclear-dimensions.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.