Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic Timer Issue Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic Timer Issue Question

We just had the pool replastered last week so the pump has been running 24/7 for the past three days during startup while the tech is getting everything balanced. Yesterday he replaced the start/stop trippers in the timer so it would shut off this morning. Came home this afternoon and the pump was still running. Looked at the timer and it is keeping time and it tripped the stop lever but the pump will not shut off. The manual lever is in the off position but it will not shut off the pump. I had to shut it off at the breaker. I imagine it's time for replacement, but before I spend money on that, I am probably going to replace the single speed pump with a Pentair Intelliflow VS. I believe the Intelliflow uses it's own timer so it would not need the Intermatic Timer, right? The Polaris 380 has it's own timer so it's not affected.
    Tom
    13' x 30' 17,000 gal IG pool with 6' x 6' 600 gal IG spillover spa. Wet Edge Pearl Matrix Finish in Mediterranean Blue. Pentair Quad DE60 Filter with Pentair Intelliflow VS filter pump and Pentair 3/4 HP pool cleaner pump. Teledyne Laars 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris QT spa blower, Polaris 380 pool cleaner, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic Timer Issue Question

I cant help you out with the timer,

But as for the intellifo, yes, it has its own timer.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the confirmation, no sense in spending money on a timer that won't be used.
    Tom
    13' x 30' 17,000 gal IG pool with 6' x 6' 600 gal IG spillover spa. Wet Edge Pearl Matrix Finish in Mediterranean Blue. Pentair Quad DE60 Filter with Pentair Intelliflow VS filter pump and Pentair 3/4 HP pool cleaner pump. Teledyne Laars 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris QT spa blower, Polaris 380 pool cleaner, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Problem solved! Answer was found on this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...406#post756406
    Tom

5. Back To Top    #5

haha! There ya go!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!