Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair MiniMax NT 400 Fan Assembly

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair MiniMax NT 400 Fan Assembly

I was able to take apart the blower assembly part # 472374 to get to the fan assembly part # 1-6143 and was able to remove it. My question is the rotation part # 1-6143 says it's ccw. when i face the fan it's rotation is cw. Please don't think is a dumb question, but is the rotation with the fan facing away or towards you. I just want to get the right part. 25.00 is easier than 400.00.

/Users/Tellico/Desktop/rusted_fan.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair MiniMax NT 400 Fan Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Tmkowalski View Post
    I was able to take apart the blower assembly part # 472374 to get to the fan assembly part # 1-6143 and was able to remove it. My question is the rotation part # 1-6143 says it's ccw. when i face the fan it's rotation is cw. Please don't think is a dumb question, but is the rotation with the fan facing away or towards you. I just want to get the right part. 25.00 is easier than 400.00.

Usually they orient the threads to be fastened in such a manner that as the fan spins it naturally tightens it, like an impeller to a motor shaft.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Nothing is threaded on these. They slip on the shaft and then there is a screw that tightens to keep it in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tmkowalski View Post

Surprised you were able to remove the squirrel cage. Usually they are frozen in place and they won't budge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Usually they orient the threads to be fastened in such a manner that as the fan spins it naturally tightens it, like an impeller to a motor shaft.
    There are no threads involved.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Me too, but I got it off with a lot of effort. Just want to make sure of rotation for fan, cw or ccw or does it matter? image.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I never paid any attention to the spin direction because I've never been able to get the darn thing off of it. Here is a picture of a new motor. Maybe it will help you.

20150213_161705.jpg
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, the blades look like they are bent for ccw rotation for maximum air flow when placed into minimax. I am going to order the 1-6143. I appreciate your help and will post if I'm successful.

7. Back To Top    #7

Put on the new Fasco blower fan (1-6143) and for 30.00 and a little effort everything is working again. To get the fan off I had to use a Dremel and cut through the part that was rusted onto motor. It was well worth saving 400.00.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Looking at the back of the motor the fan should spin counter-clockwise. Looking at the fan itself it will spin clockwise.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool