Best sand filter for $ - 16' Intex ultra

The Intex sand filters are a vast upgrade from the tiny little Intex cartridges.

With your size pool, there is not likely a compelling reason to start looking at separate 2-speed pumps and larger sand filters for major pool brands unless you were intending to upgrade the pool itself in the near term.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the blue /grey 2 piece sand filter, 14 inch if i'm not mistaken 16'x48" metal frame and it has been running now for 4 years, this season will be five, water clear as ever, turn over a couple hours, hard plumbed with help of this sight, installed a Hayward skimmer, just take care of all of it and you two can have many years of pleasure!!!!!

I have this Intex sand filter and I am using it with a Hayward 3/4 hp pump all attached to a Sharkline 15x52in pool. I have had this filter (according to Amazon, since June 19, 2013) and it has not caused any problems until recently when the rubber gasket that is inside started to come out when I would rotate the handle. I pushed it back in and it has been fine. I think it got a little dry because I do not have to backwash very much so the handle does not get rotated as often as it needs to. The filter does exactly what it should and I am happy with it. The Intex pumps are another story. They seem to tear up pretty quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.