Bleach Prices 2015

I think the regular price is about $4.99 per 2.5 gal jug. I might be wrong though since I have not paid regular price in so long. I also have a pinch a penny very close so I try to only buy it when they have a sale. Between the 2 stores there is probably a sale every 3 weeks or so.

I think the regular price is about $4.99 per 2.5 gal jug. I might be wrong though since I have not paid regular price in so long. I also have a pinch a penny very close so I try to only buy it when they have a sale. Between the 2 stores there is probably a sale every 3 weeks or so.

Pinch-a-Penny is where my dad gets his chlorine, he's in Dunedin. He says it's pretty decent place & price. I think he mentioned once, that they had a program of buying 10 jugs and getting one free. Not sure if that's still in effect, with all the arctic weather we've been having up here the discussion of the pool hasn't come up lately between us.

Lowe's has the brand name Kemteck's "Chlorinating Liquid" for $3.76 per gallon. The label advertises that it "kills bacteria and algae, is fast acting, calcium free and salt system compatible."

Can you guess what it is?

It's 10% bleach.

Wal-Mart had 8.25% at $2.29/gal.

Lowe's has the brand name Kemteck's "Chlorinating Liquid" for $3.76 per gallon. The label advertises that it "kills bacteria and algae, is fast acting, calcium free and salt system compatible."

Can you guess what it is?

It's 10% bleach.

Wal-Mart had 8.25% at $2.29/gal.

Most your chlorinating liquids go by trade percentage while the bleach goes by weight percentage.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...r-calculations?p=565948&viewfull=1#post565948
So Great Value Bleach is 8.25% by weight and Kemtek is 9.21% by weight. Just thought you would want to know that.

Are you sure Wal-Marts bleach comes in a gallon? I think you meant 121 fl oz. Either way the Wal-Mart bleach is the better bargain in your case.

Got Leslies mailer, reusable coupon for the month of March. $6.98/2x2.5gal 10% jugs max of 4 at a time but the coupon is reusable. They also do the buy 10 get 11th jug free. Since I let my pool go the last month I am going to need a few of these to get it back in shape. Water at 73 and swim ready once cleared up.

Last edited:
Sure wish Leslies in Texas sold 2.5 g jugs and had the same mailer!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sad to report that my Target has raised it's price on store brand bleach. Up & Up brand used to be 2.99 for 121 oz and additional 5%off with cartwheel app.
I checked yesterday and it had new tags. 3.20. That's not much less than the 3.99 they charge for Clorox brand.

Back to walmart where it's still 2.98 for 121 oz.

I also have a grocery store (Farm Fresh) that sells 121 oz store brand for 2.69. Hopefully they didn't raise their prices too!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I finally got the time to grab 55 gallons drum in Houston from Univar for about $120. It is 12% bleach. The most painful part is transfer the chlorine to a smaller 5 gallons containers. In case someone interested, the address is
777 Brisbane, Houston TX 77061

I looked into this with them here in Midland Odessa. Same price, and issue with hauling/wrestling a 500+ pound drum of Bleach. :shock:

I looked into this with them here in Midland Odessa. Same price, and issue with hauling/wrestling a 500+ pound drum of Bleach. :shock:

Well I left it on the truck while I transfer to 5 gal bottle of water jug. With 25 gal left on the in the drum and on the truck, I was amble to roll it down and to my pool. Done all this by myself. I'm going to order a siphon Drum pump and use that to pump out the rest to the pool.

I pay $1.67 a gallon for 10% bleach. You can do what I did, stop by a water treatment facility in your area and ask them who their supplier is for their chlorine, come to find out one of the suppliers was right down the street from the office and I've driven by there a thousand times and never new they sold bleach. I buy it in 15 gal drums at a time.

I pay $1.67 a gallon for 10% bleach. You can do what I did, stop by a water treatment facility in your area and ask them who their supplier is for their chlorine, come to find out one of the suppliers was right down the street from the office and I've driven by there a thousand times and never new they sold bleach. I buy it in 15 gal drums at a time.

This should go in the above post "Best Places to buy Bleach/Chlorine" JohnT will add it to the Texas section. Other Texans out there would surely like to know where to go. That is a very good price on Bleach, especially for Texas.

Do you have the name of the suplier and the address? Tks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.