R0009 has a pink tint

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
Hummm....

well the weather is so nice today where I live, I decided to do a full set of water tests, which I haven't done in a while. (a while meaning since September!)

Here are my water parameters today.
FC 4
CC 0
CYA 40 as expected with all of the dilution from the rain we've had here
TA 30 what? 30? for real? :scratch: tested twice, same result.
Ph 7.3 (I have not had to add MA since mid-summer. It just so boring not worrying about burning myself with acid!)
CH 110 (anyone need some nice soft low CH water? :) Bring your truck! )

SO, about that low TA. During todays testing, I noticed my R0009 has a slight pink tint to it. No clue why. Never had a pink tint before. Dont know how long its been pink while stashed under the cabinet for months. Oh well.
This bottle of R0009 is about 18 months old, so I'm chalking it up to old age.

SO, guess what? I have backup. I ordered some refills for my whole test kit not long ago and I got my "new" R0009 and re-ran the TA test.

TA with my new R0009 which does not have any tint to it at all tested at 60. Tested twice, same result. :) I like this result better ,so this is the one I will consider good.

Just thought I would throw this observation out there in case anyone else ever hears of the R0009 going pink in the bottle and ending up with a 'low' TA test result.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

I can not recall the R-0009 ever changing color......or for that matter, going "bad". Nevertheless, we always assume the reagents are good for a couple of seasons and we warrant that they will give good results for 18 months.

PM me and we'll get you a credit in some way since you already have a good bottle of R-0009.

Yes, I've seen that stuff in water labs 5, 7+ years old and never seen that before. I can't explain how, but it got contaminated somehwere/how along the way I'm guessing. Very strange. But hey, it blows my theory, weird stuff always seems to happen to me.

Thanks Dave. :goodjob: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.