What is this?

Sep 24, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
We have a late 70's fiberglass pool and I'm trying to identify this metal tube in the deck. You can see it at the top of first picture below. Its located about 7' from the skimmer and descends at an angle towards the deep end of the pool. I have removed the cap and there isn't any water in it (at least in the first couple feet)

20150211_070024.jpg

Here is a close up
20150211_070039.jpg

We are planning a remodel of the pool area and wanted to know what it was so we can plan accordingly. Thanks

Im not sure if there is or not Staudi. Im not terribly familiar with hydrostatic valves or if they can be tested from deck side.

There are other folks here who know much more than I do about them. Perhaps they will chime in soon enough.

Hydrostatic valves are usually threaded into a hole in the bottom of the main drain. It would not be plumbed up into the deck like that.

I think that it most likely goes to a well point under the deep end.

The well point for my fiberglass pool is much larger than this one. In fact, the lid is the same size as a skimmer basket lid (or *is* one) and within that is PVC pipe of the same diameter. I see rocks down at the bottom, and it would be big enough to drop a sump pump into if ever the need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.