Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin app question

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin app question

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on an Oasis Z5, I see they have an app for your phone. Does the app give you the stuff on the M5 remote that the remote on the Z5 does not?
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin app question

Out of the loop on this one, but let us know what you find out. I have the M5 and might be interested in hearing what it does.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

The app came out in November. There are no reviews on Apple for it. The robot needs Bluetooth and I don't know if it is only specific lines from Dolphin or if they all are Bluetooth enabled.

The Maytronics website isn't real clear on it.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Interesting. I downloaded the app (it's free), but you can't get into the app to look at the functions available unless it first links with a Dolphin. Guess it will have to wait until Spring. Thanks for the heads-up, though!
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

5. Back To Top    #5

They have a decent overview of what the app can do [url=http://mydolphin-app.com/]here[url]. A few things are left to the imagination, but it appears to be reasonably through.

What they never explain anywhere is which specific models it works with.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    The app came out in November. There are no reviews on Apple for it. The robot needs Bluetooth and I don't know if it is only specific lines from Dolphin or if they all are Bluetooth enabled.

The Maytronics website isn't real clear on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    They have a decent overview of what the app can do [url=http://mydolphin-app.com/]here[url]. A few things are left to the imagination, but it appears to be reasonably through.

What they never explain anywhere is which specific models it works with.
    Oh, that's helpful. Thanks Maytronics
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I downloaded it...my pool is up and running so I'll try it after work with my Z5...assuming I don't forget.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Well there isn't any info on the app. But I turned the robot on and stood next to it/the power box....no go with the z5
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    Well there isn't any info on the app. But I turned the robot on and stood next to it/the power box....no go with the z5
    Looks like it only works with the "s series" robots. I may be reading into it s little bit.
    Which appear to be a new line of robots.
    Look

http://youtu.be/xAxOL3cSzfw

http://youtu.be/0KOTXrBSwAk

10. Back To Top    #10

Apparently the Dolphin S300i was announced in Europe a couple of months ago. There seems to be a wide range of S series models coming along afterwards. I didn't see any release dates, but there is a fair bit of marketing material out there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    Looks like it only works with the "s series" robots. I may be reading into it s little bit.
    Which appear to be a new line of robots.
    Look

http://youtu.be/xAxOL3cSzfw

http://youtu.be/0KOTXrBSwAk
    Ok, thanks for the links Mr.CC
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

12. Back To Top    #12

I wasn't aware of this but as far as I know it has no Bluetooth capabilities. probably for the next generation. maybe a good time to pick up the older models for a better price?
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5

13. Back To Top    #13

The Dolphin Z3i was recently announced in Europe and lists app support as a feature. It is looking more and more like having an 'i' at the end of the model number means app support.