Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Levels for Glass Tile Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Levels for Glass Tile Pool

Hi,

We recently finished our first pool at the end of November. The interior surface is all glass tile ("). I have the levels under control but I'm unsure about the hardness level. What is the correct hardness level range for an all glass tile pool? Our water is not very hard and the latest measurement showed it was 95 ppm.

Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Levels for Glass Tile Pool

Well, first of all, welcome!

I sincerely hope you post pictures of this pool as we don't often see a Pool finished this way. Very nice.

In that type of pool you'd be primary concerned with grout degradation with soft water as there is no plaster to speak of. If you're in the 150-200 range I think you'd be safe. With the hardness if your makeup water, the increase to that level might not take too long once summer hits. You could add a little calcium, or use calcium hypo chlorite as a chlorine source periodically to add some hardness. I do suggest checking out pool school here starting with the ABCs first. There is ample information about water balance, and suggested guidelines for pool chemistry. In addition, you'll find a lot of information on products we recommend for pools and why.

Lastly, please add your pool details to your signature line so we can help you better and more quickly. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

This depends on the kind of grout you used between the tiles. If you used a conventional masonry grout you will need to maintain your chemistry following the plaster pool recommendations. If you used a modern silicone based grout then you can follow the chemistry guidelines for a vinyl liner pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome and please do post pics.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi All,
    Thank you for the quick replies. I'm pretty sure the pool builder did not use a conventional grout. I'll find out exactly what grout they used and adjust accordingly.
    Thanks for the great site and excellent information. I'll post pics once the landscaping is complete.
    IG Glass Tile 14K gallons (11-28-14) / 1.25 HP Jandy Single Speed Pump / Jandy 340 ft2 Cartridge Filter / AqauPro Heat_Cool Pump / Paramount In Floor Cleaning / Clear O3 Ozone / LaMotte SpinLab with DataMate 10