We started using our new indoor pool on our farm in late December. Our pool installer got all our chemical levels right (so I believed) and we got swimming. Friends soon started to complain of sore eyes and we checked our water at a local testing place and found we had high CC (1.5ppm) after much reading I learnt that this creates the bad smell which we had and the sore eyes.
We were told to put in 10l of liquid chlorine and run the pump for 1 hour. We have pretty much no CYA (2ppm) as it is indoor (after reading info on this site I think we will get it up to 20ppm to help reduce available chlorine levels).
Since adding the chlorine our FC has gone up to 9.34ppm and our CC hit a high of 2.76ppm. It is now at 1.86ppm after adding another 10l of chlorine after topping up the pool with rain water. Our FC is over 10ppm (I could only stick test today), the CC just is not coming down, the water looks clear, it doesn't smell, but it does hurt our eyes if we put our heads under.
Why would a new pool that is only used by family have such high CC when we run our SWG 6 hours a day on a 3 or 4 setting.? What can we do to stop it getting this high again?
Why won't the CC come down even though I am pumping liquid chlorine in to keep FC near 10ppm?
I ran the pump only for 24 hours and we have left all windows and door open to ventilate the room and the stick reading has not moved.
Our salt is 5100 ( 100 above recommendation)
Our Ph is around 7.6
Alkalinity is 103ppm
I will get a proper test done again when I go into town but our stick test shows FC and TC and both are very high still tonight.
Anybody can help please let me know why you think we are having this problem.
55,000litres, fibreglass, sand filter pump, austral VX SWG, indoor, Zane PC5 solar pump, manual pool vacuum cleaner