Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump and fitting

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump and fitting

Hi everyone Im Rafy I'm new in the forum and i live in Texas.

I have a 14x36 ,Fiberglas in-ground pool ( 14,000 gal) that has 2" piping on the suction and return side. I bought a new pump (Hayward super pump) to replace the old one.
    This new pump came with 1 1/2 intake and output fittings. Can I adapt this pump to my suction and return pipe? Do I need to return this pump and get another one?*What will be the down rage On this?
    Advice will be appreciated..

Hayward Super Pump series ( SP2610X15)
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount High-Rate Sand Filter(S244T)
    Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bromine Feeder

Thank you...

Rafy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump and fitting

Welcome to TFP!

Your pump will be just fine. You simply need to use an adapter to convert to 1 1/2" pipes close to the pump. The short sections of 1 1/2" pipe will have only a very tiny effect, so that overall the system will behave very nearly as if it was 2" pipe throughout.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you a lot I will start looking for those adapters to put back my pool a soon as possible.

Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bromine Feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It's nice to have unions so the pump can be serviced but you likely need something like this to reduce the 2" pipe down to something that will screw into the pump. Just make sure they are the right threads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond..
    Thank you for your info.

20150211_0924321.jpg

This is a picture of what I need to replace..I will use this part for this project...

parts.jpg

Am I going in the right direction?
    14 x 36 In-Ground Fiberglass Pool Free form 14000Gal
    Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bromine Feeder ( not in used )

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, definitely heading in the right direction.

By the by, the threaded to slip adapter at the bottom of your picture is fine, but I prefer to use a section of threaded CPVC pipe instead. You buy a "CPVC Nipple" and cut it in half to get the section you need. CPVC is much more heat resistant. It is possible for the pump to overheat, and a short piece of CPVC will prevent that from causing problems with the plumbing melting. Overheating is quite rare, so this is hardly critical, just my preference.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Great!!! I will work on this today. It is amazing that in just five emails I can get advice on how to do it, plus the suggestion on parts. I went to places that are expert on swimming pool and they make this almost impossible, more like suggest that I need to hire a pluming guy. I'm not expert in pluming, however I know I can do it with some guidance.
    Thanks all for yours advice, and suggestion. I will let you know how goes will.

Rafy.

8. Back To Top    #8

Jason, Nice tip on the CPVC.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Well the job is done, and look like is ok... Thank you everyone for your input and advise.
    I've being trying to upload pictures to all see the job done however no results were shown in uploading.

Now, my sand filter shows 22.5 psi. Is this normal? I have a new pump, Hayward SuperPump, new pipes, and I backwashed the sand filter about a month ago. My question is, did i do something wrong? Would I have to fix something?

P.s. All the pipes from the pool to the pump to the filter are 1 1/2 inch. I will try to upload pictures later.

10. Back To Top    #10

There is no normal for filter PSI. It is different for every pool. You are within the normal range, if perhaps towards the higher end of the that range.

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi Rafy,

this may help you in uploading pics.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...oto-s-Tutorial
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

12. Back To Top    #12

Yup,
    we know..... they typically are no better at testing your pool water and getting the right chemicals in it either.

There some good pool stores here and there, but few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    Great!!! I went to places that are expert on swimming pool and they make this almost impossibe

Rafy.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

13. Back To Top    #13

Thank you I will try it to load the photos Dave...

14. Back To Top    #14

Here is the photos to show what I did...I know for some of you guys is simple however for me is my first project. And always baby steps. Thank you all for your support and advise...
    Attachment 34400
    Attachment 34401

The photos that show filter PSI

Attachment 34402

Ok that's all

15. Back To Top    #15

Hi Rafy,
    for some reasons, your links to the pics are invalid, and we can't see them.

if you didnt use photobucket, it might be because you are over the allowable limit to post pics directly through the forum.

just thought I would let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    Here is the photos to show what I did...I know for some of you guys is simple however for me is my first project. And always baby steps. Thank you all for your support and advise...
    Attachment 34400
    Attachment 34401

The photos that show filter PSI

Attachment 34402

Ok that's all
    Divin Dave,

16. Back To Top    #16

Sorry!!!

I didn't know...

I maybe do something wrong... I will back to the link that you send me and try one more time... Thank you for let me know...