Pump Replacement Question

May 19, 2014
Walnut Creek, CA
I currently have a 1 hp single speed filter pump and a 3/4 hp booster pump to run our Polaris cleaner. Both pumps use about 1.1 kW. I live in CA, and the electricity rates are pretty high -- up to $0.33/kW -- so I am considering replacing these pumps with more energy efficient pump(s).

Is there a way that I can replace the two pumps with a single, variable speed pump?

The suction for the booster currently comes off the return line for the filter pump. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Pumps.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

A pool cleaner designed to work with a booster pump will only work with a booster pump. With electricity that high it is worth switching to a different (though similar) pool cleaner that does not require a booster pump. If you do that, you can have everything you asked for.

A good candidate pump is the Hayward MaxFlow VS, a very nice smaller variable speed pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.