Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Travertine pool decks-how well are they holding up?

1. Back To Top    #1

Monrovia, MD

Travertine pool decks-how well are they holding up?

Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post since it was originally made in a thread that was several years old and would likely not have received a response. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an existing Thread. Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

We are in the process of getting a Travertine pool deck but are concerned with the freezing effects on the Travertine. We are really looking for a beautiful maintenance free decking. Can anyone with a Travetine pool deck tell me how theirs has held up over the past few years? Thanks!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Nashville, TN

Re: Travertine pool decks-how well are they holding up?

Ours has been in about 6 months now, it took me a while to get it sealed because it was either raining or the kids were swimming and notice some small amounts of wear. Since sealing I haven't noticed any more and will make sure another good coat is applied this spring before swimming begins again. We love the looks of it and get rave reviews from everyone that comes over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain

3. Back To Top    #3

Buckeye AZ

Re: Travertine pool decks-how well are they holding up?

we did not seal ours. I think it's gotten a bit lighter in color. Plus, it was "filled" travertine, and a lot of the filling is crumbling out of the stone, esp in heavy rain. Thinking I might want to seal it after all.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir