This test is from my MIL's pool, not mine. Last summer she had to fire her pool service as the CYA had reached a level so high that the weekly shocking seemed to do nothing. I drained half the water and replaced. That got everything back to normal. My MIL has been keeping up with the maintenance since then. I come in behind her with testing and chemical additions.
A couple months ago, my FIL got sick and died. The pool was neglected a little (December) while my BIL was staying with Mom.
For the last two weeks the Chlorine test have looked like this. The Chlorine drop test does not turn pink with a scoop of regent.
I turned off the puck feeder two weeks ago and removed the floater this week.
Is this caused by the chlorine being insanely high or something else? Recommendations?