Pentair Intellichlor IC40

Jul 13, 2013
If someone could please help.
When our chlorinater was disconected for the winter season, there was a fitting (part) that was on one end of the chlorinator, it just rests into the fitting, i cant remember which end it goes onto, it is round and and is divided into sections, almost like a tic tac toe board. Does this go into the sensor side of the chlorinator, or the other side? Thank you for any help.

I got my IC40 out for cleaning, and I noticed this grid on the exit side, which did not look right. So I got curious, and looked up this thread. As this thread says, mine was installed wrong, so I now put it on the inlet side. I can totally believe it was installed incorrectly, because there were other installation problems at my pool, too.

People before me said it is to protect from debris. Maybe. When I looked at it, I got the feeling that it is to smooth the flow of water. The IntelliChlor installation manual recommends 1 - 1 1/2 feet of straight pipe before the chlorinator, also to smooth the flow. If the flow is turbulent, it might not trigger the flow sensor or water might not flow fast enough between certain blades. At least this is my guess.

The attached image is what we think to be the correct installation.

Attachments

• grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 47
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.