Heater question....Probably a simple answer

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
My neighbor just bought his house. It had a pool with a heater. He is selling the pool and heater. I'm interested in the heater. Its setup right now for propane, but I have natural gas. Are these heaters like most indoor heaters and a kit can be bought to convert from propane to natural gas?

Or does it completely depend on the make/model of the heater......Which right now, i have no clue about.

While i'm in discussion about this heater. It has been sitting out beside the pool for the past 2 years unused. Anything special I should look for to make sure its in good shape and in working condition?

Used heaters are chancy. Gas heaters are very sensitive to maintaining proper PH, and you have no way of knowing if that was done or not and no easy way to inspect the heater to get a clear indication of problems in that area. Still, if the price is right :)

Conversion between propane/natural gas is normally very easy.

My neighbor just bought his house. It had a pool with a heater. He is selling the pool and heater. I'm interested in the heater. Its setup right now for propane, but I have natural gas. Are these heaters like most indoor heaters and a kit can be bought to convert from propane to natural gas?

Or does it completely depend on the make/model of the heater......Which right now, i have no clue about.

While i'm in discussion about this heater. It has been sitting out beside the pool for the past 2 years unused. Anything special I should look for to make sure its in good shape and in working condition?

It really depends on the heater. Most require a gas valve replacement (or regulator springs) and orifices. Some heater like the pentair master temp only require an orifice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.