Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone ever try this product...?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone ever try this product...?

I was just checking on algae control and shock prices in anticipation of slamming the green velvet coating on my pool this spring.

I ran across a product called GreenCleanMax: http://www.newtechbio.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=222

I called the company out of curiosity and spoke with one of the reps. He explained that you add the stuff - and recommended adding more than required to open a pool - since it doesn't upset the chemistry.

Evidently - it foams up, lifting any leftover leaves etc off the pool bottom in the first 15-60 minutes of treatment. You skim until you've gotten rid of most of the stuff, then kick on the filter and resume chlorination after a couple of hours of circulation. The algae is gone within a few days.

For my pool - I estimate about $90.00 with shipping. I suppose I'd still get a couple of cases of shock to complete the job.

Has anyone ever tried this stuff?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone ever try this product...?

It's peroxide. Not worth the effort. Chlorine is all you need.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks.

After posting I was thinking that I wouldn't need $90.00 worth of shock to get things cleaned up.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "shock". You do NOT want to use an solid forms of chlorine. You need to stick with liquid chlorine / bleach and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to a tee. The SLAM is guaranteed to work every time ... unlike the pour and pray method that pool stores tend to recommend.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Search box says you're the first. https://www.google.com/search?sitese...y=9&gws_rd=ssl
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Don't waste your money.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter