Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass pool speaker options

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass pool speaker options

We're in the process of installing the Viking fiberglass pool.
    I asked PB about underwater speakers, but he said it can't be done.

Does anyone know of any transducer (or other) type of speaker that can be placed against the fiberglass shell to produce under water sound?

This isn't critical and I've never been in a pool with one, but I figured I'd ask.
    Viking fiberglass Island Breeze II (16'x40'x8'); Pentair pump/filter/heater/chlorinator; IntelliTouch with iX+3; Autelis.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Fiberglass pool speaker options

Mario, yes it can be done. Pool speakers work in the same manner pool lights do; in that they require a niche in which to sit.Clark Synthesis makes makes speakers (AQ339) that fit into standard sized pool like the 78232500 Vinyl/Fiberglass Pool Niche by Pentair.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Mario, yes it can be done. Pool speakers work in the same manner pool lights do; in that they require a niche in which to sit.Clark Synthesis makes makes speakers (AQ339) that fit into standard sized pool like the 78232500 Vinyl/Fiberglass Pool Niche by Pentair.
    +1 You just cut a standard light niche in and away you go.

With that being said I can't recommend underwater speakers for general swimming. Above water speakers work just as well. If you do synchronized swimming or dive in your pool then you will get some benefit from underwater speakers.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks.
    Decided to skip the underwater speakers since my pool is fiberglass and that would just complicate things for the builder.
    Viking fiberglass Island Breeze II (16'x40'x8'); Pentair pump/filter/heater/chlorinator; IntelliTouch with iX+3; Autelis.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Its a good way to cut money out of your budget. There are no cheap speakers.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool