Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which Intermatic would you get?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which Intermatic would you get?

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out which mechanical timer/panel would fit best my needs. Could you suggest one based on the following:

1. It has to be a complete solution or pool, that does not require any additional sub panels or junction boxes, like 3000 series
    2. I only need one timer
    3. I need freeze protection mechanism
    4. I must be outdoor rated
    5. I need a way to place a 120V to 12V transformer for my LED light in the enclosure

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
    10K gallons, IG vinyl free form Radiant Pool, 1HP SuperFlo 2 speed pump, 175 sqft Hayward C17502 plus cartridge filter, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System CS8110 Model 54601EG, Jandy Pro Series Underwater Nicheless LED. 1 skimmer, 1 suction outlet, 3 returns, The Pool Cleaner. Pool installation in progress as of 09/24/2014.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which Intermatic would you get?

In reading between the lines, it seems you are wanting a dual voltage mechanical timer? Right?
    240V for your pump
    120V for your lights (transforemed to 12 by that transformer)
    what about the SWG? (not a bad idea to have power removed from the swg if the pump isnt running). Its likely 240V EDIT. Intermatic - 120V

I dont think you are going to find a multi voltage multi cricuit mechanical timer from Intermatic for this. I looked around and couldnt find one.

They do however have some nice multi voltage, multi circuit digital ones.

Check out the Pool/Spa line and see if it fits your needs.
    The PE15300F looks like it will work for what you describe. Comes with a remote to boot.
    Might even be room to expand at some point in the future.

No clue of there is enough room in there to include your transformer though.
    http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.co...te_p_7965.html

EDIT:
    Hi again, I just read your other post about needing electrical wiring help.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ng-help-needed

So since thats the case, please continue in that direction.
    I didn't realize that you were in the process of specifiing out your own power plant beginning at the Power Panel in your garage. I thought this was an 'add on' to what you already have. I think that since this is the case, my recommendation is likely premature.

Apologies for any confusion on my part for not understanding you didnt have Main Power already at the pad.

NOTE TO OTHER POSTERS. There is an ongoing discussion on the subject on another thread.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which Intermatic would you get?

Thanks Dave,
    I ended up ordering PE24300F. It has everything I need and allows for expansion.
    10K gallons, IG vinyl free form Radiant Pool, 1HP SuperFlo 2 speed pump, 175 sqft Hayward C17502 plus cartridge filter, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System CS8110 Model 54601EG, Jandy Pro Series Underwater Nicheless LED. 1 skimmer, 1 suction outlet, 3 returns, The Pool Cleaner. Pool installation in progress as of 09/24/2014.