Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Texas Pool Renovation Has Started

1. Back To Top    #1

Texas Pool Renovation Has Started

Our remodel has begun. We are changing the coping and tile, replastering with quartzscapes, restructuring tanning ledge and bench, changing to led lights, and changing the depth of the shallow end. Hope all goes well.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Texas Pool Renovation Has Started

Good Luck!

Post pics! We wanna see too!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

They have started preparing for the tie in to the existing rebar. The layout of the new rebar should be completed today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Hey congrats on getting started. Post lots of pics of the progress. We all love pics
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice. Getting my estimates for the same process. Good Luck.
    Plano, TX
    20,000 gallons Kidney Bean IG Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 530 Cartridge Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Before we had flagstone coping and flagstone for the tile line. We think that we are going to go with Fantastico travertine coping from QDI. We do not like bullnose coping so we are thinking of going with the paver in 12x12 for the coping. Has anyone ever done this? They are the same thickness as the coping so I'm not sure what the difference would be.
    These are the 2 tiles that we are thinking of going with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

What is the rebar for? Are you making it shallower? Are you done yet? That waterfall is amazing (saw it in your other post)!
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

8. Back To Top    #8

Any updates on this renovation?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

The renovation is almost complete. It unfortunately did not go as smooth as planned. What was supposed to take 45 days took 3 months and counting. I will get pics up soon. We ended up with fantastico travertine coping, NPT jules bright blue glass tile, changed the shallow end from 4.5ft to 3.5ft, and replastered with Quartzscape Grenadine Gray quartz.

10. Back To Top    #10

Can't wait to see pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Sorry about the delays, but it sounds like it will look fantastic. Keep your eye on the prize!
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic