We bought a foreclosure in 2013 and have slowly been getting everything fixed up. We've done everything from resurfacing to moving the entire equipment pad to finishing a studded out pool house. All the while fixing up a house that was equally in disrepair. We got to enjoy our pool for 1 summer now and look forward to many more!
When we were putting in our offer we were hopeful the pool would just be a swamp. After peeling back the cover we weren't so lucky...
Our first step was to get the pool pumped out and cleaned up a bit to see what we had.
Note the original equipment location in this picture. I was fortunate to have enough slack to move the sub panel without running a new line for it or putting in a junction.
We then paid to have everything resurfaced and the liner installed. The only thing we paid for of this whole project and in hindsight I could have done myself. Kudos to the guy though he resurfaced and hung the liner as a 1 man show. Yep hung the liner all by himself!
Here is the liner being vacuumed into place with the pool being filled.
The previous owners "built" a pool house and likely as an after thought to the equipment pad. Not his fault as it was likely constructed long after the original dig.
This didn't work for future plans so I moved everything behind the pool house for aesthetics and noise pollution.
Most recently I got around to cementing a proper pad for my equipment. *the pipes aren't buried properly because I am still adding 2 fountains and don't want to move the dirt twice. Also don't fault me for all of the collars. The pool people are VERY proud of their $30~ new threaded fittings. Anybody know of a good source for these?
Here are some shots of the pool house 90% complete. Just need to button up the trim and add some cabinets/counters. I had to run all new electrical and plumbing. I also added drops for both cold/hot although I have no HW just yet. I've got an idea to use solar heating on that when I get to it.
Outdoor shower that will eventually have some panels added for privacy.
Through the entire reno I've had a major leak I "fixed" twice. The first time I didn't do it right and it seeped on me. So I finally used a loop to cement everything in for good. Thankfully this was on the upper side that the decking is minimal.
And here is some of the future plans. The retaining wall will be removed with only a 6' section remaining for the fountains (circles). Will also add a retaining wall behind to increase the deck area. My awesome paint skills...ha
Thanks for reading I'll update as I complete more things on the list!