Jandy AquaPure 1400 to 700 Retrofit

Feb 1, 2015
Austin, TX
All,

My PB installed the larger Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG in our 10,000 gallon pool and I've already replaced the cell once in 7 years and it's out again. I was looking at options (different brand?) but, for cost reasons, will probably just replace the cell with another AquaPure. But I've considered downsizing it to the APure 700, which looks sufficient for our size pool.

Question: Can I just order the replacement kit? (Cell, O-rings, connectors, cable) The last time I ordered a replacement kit it came with a small circuit board I had to mount inside the control box. Are these boards compatible between the two units? And are the cells physically the same size?

Any input the community can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

I highly recommend staying with the 1400 over the 700 if you stay with Aquapure. The PB installed the size we recommend for your size of pool. If you opt for the 700 size it will last 1/4 of the time and you will need to run it much longer than you have been.

Thanks ping!

I actually noticed that the PB installed the 700, and when I replaced it I accidentally replaced it with a 1400. This is what has been running for 3 years and it lasted actually less time than the original 700. For the cost difference, I'm leaning towards going back to the 700.

Are there any other salt systems that you recommend besides Jandy?

Thanks!

Did the cell die or was it the sensor giving you problems? Three years is not that long for a 1400 cell on a 10,000 gallon pool, can you post your chem levels that you have been running? Include pH, CYA, TA, CH and your target FC levels. There might be some numbers that might be causing an early failure rate and if you switch brands it might not do you any good anyways.

I'm not sure if the 700 and 1400 cells are interchangeable and if that had anything to do with the failure.

There are not any brands of SWG's that are completely bullet proof. They tend to have some issues from time to time but many units do last years without any troubles. Hayward Aquarite and PoolPilot are the two units that I would consider installing if I switched brands. Pentair would be fine if you have automation to control the output as it is in 20% increments without automation. CompuPool had issues with their old units but have a new design out and I haven't seen enough information on the new design yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.