Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Great Forum

1. Back To Top    #1

Great Forum

First post so be gentle. I really appreciate that this forum is available for DIY'ers. Last year I moved to SE Florida and now have my first pool ever which up to this point has been maintained by a pool company. This morning I ordered a SWG and plan to replace the broken one on the system myself. I'm looking forward to learning pool chemistry and becoming my own pool guy. I've already learned tons about SWG's, pool chemistry basics, and basic maintenance. Thanks again!
    Rob

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Great Forum

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Great Forum

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum ! Congrats to taking on your pool maintenance yourself. Lots of good info on the site. To keep your water chemistry in check your going to need one of these Test Kits. I use the TF100. It's the best bang for your buck.
    Any questions dont hesitate to ask.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Please add a signature line to your profile like mine below and tell us about your pool specs. Welcome!

TF100 test kit-----Your pool life made simple...............
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Please add a signature line to your profile like mine below and tell us about your pool specs. Welcome!

TF100 test kit-----Your pool life made simple...............
    Done and ordered the kit!
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Well hello there from another Florida person!

WELCOME to the best pool forum around! You are on the right track-finding TFP and ordering a great test kit!

You will find it saves you SO much money and is easy to do.

Your next step will be to find YOUR place for the best bleach/chlorine. Some find their best price at Walmart (plain bleach), pool store (the ONLY thing you will need to buy from them every again). I find mine at ACE Hardware just up the road from me.

Make sure to look a the %. Walmart greater value is 8%, pool store and Ace is 11%. Most avoid Lowes and such as their stuff tends to sit around it and loses "power".

As soon as you get your test kit let us know and we can/will help you through it. There are also videos on how to do the tests.

After a while you will be able to do the test without thinking about it.

Here is some light reading to start with so that you will have some base knowledge. There is a LOT of info. so it can seem overwhelming. Just read it over and over. It will start to make sense.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...ater-chemistry

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I just installed my first pool last July. Used this site for maintenance all year and my oh my.....Super easy and Super cheap. And my water stayed CRYSTAL clear all year. All I had to do was test and add bleach. I didn't have to use any other chemicals once I set my CYA. Closed my pool via the method on this site and i looked in the skimmer basket into the pool before it froze over and it was still crystal clear. If you have an Ollies neaby, it is the cheapest around here...
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

9. Back To Top    #9

Good post ^^^^. That's the way it's supposed to work.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.