New Spray Deck washing away! Help!

Jan 30, 2015
Houston texas
The pb had guy come out to do spray deck approx. 2 moths ago. I noticed it has washed away almost in any area where water drains and has obvious lines where you can clearly see the original sand color and almost white areas that have washed off. Bar area where extends over concrete also shows severe line. Pb said I can get touch up paint but these are huge areas and with rain, swimming it will be non stop job! Can I switch to different decking now like flagstone or is it to late?

Welcome to TFP. I can't really help or advise you but someone should be able to.

I, for one, don't know what "Spray Deck" is. Might you be referring to acrilyc coated decking where a texture base is sprayed on followed by a rolled on color finish coat? Could you provide some further info? Maybe a link to the product web site?

If it is the acrilyc coating any qualified application should be covered by a five year warranty. If the applicator knew what he was doing, that deck should hold up for several years with no attention required. I have had lots of acrilyc coated concrete for ten years now, and it has held up great. After about four or five years, I just rolled a new color coat on and it was just like new again.

I have spray deck and has the same problem you did. My spray deck (acrylic epoxy spray) washed off after the first time. I simply called the PB and he had the sub come back out, prep everything, and spray it again. It bonded perfectly the second time.

Mine has a 2 year warranty.

Thank you for your help! It is acrylic spray deck by increte systems I believe. Color is desert sand. I haven't seen anyone else complain of it washing off in areas around decking and was even told you can pressure wash if necessary! The most obvious areas are where gutters drain off on decking. The gutters were hung after pool started and they could not place underground. That's why Im now thinking I should've gone with decking like a stone that I don't have to worry about the color washing away?? Waiting for pb to respond with options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.