New build Rockwall, TX

Oct 22, 2014
Rockwall, TX
Well, wasn't expecting to start until next week, but the PB wanted to beat the potential for rain. Looks like they made some progress quickly.

By end of day one, hole dug.
By end of day two, steel in and plumbing about done.

I will take some more pics when I get home as I got a call from PB and said we were first on inspector's list, so they went ahead and brought the gunite crew in today.

Attachments

• Day One.jpg
    Day One.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 753
  • Day One 2.jpg
    Day One 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 752
  • Day Two.jpg
    Day Two.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 756
  • Day Two 2.jpg
    Day Two 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 753
Isn't it amazing where they can get in 3 days! I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the most exciting day of our build for me.

It was initially water twice per day. He said with the incoming front and rain, once would have been fine on the weekend. I watered twice anyways though!

I think it made me look like I knew what I was doing since I have spent a lot of time just standing there staring at it :D I am pretty sure the neighbors wonder why I just stand there and gaze like Clark in Christmas Vacation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that's the end of day3? I hate you.

okay, I don't hate you, but I'm jealous. look at the timeline for mine in my sig....to give you an idea of why.

looking great!

Lots of landscaping!!

- - - Updated - - -

So they sprayed the gunite on Thursday. I came home Monday not expecting them to have the tile done and working on the coping...

End of Day 7

- - - Updated - - -

I was out of town on Day 8, but came home and they had finished the stone work on the hot tub and grotto. They also ran gas and electrical and installed all of the equipment. Kind of nice to move quickly, but having trouble keeping up taking pics since it gets dark early this time of year.

Grotto

So by end of day 9, they had finished the plumbing and were ready for inspection. Inspector came early on day 10 and by end of day, we were graded and ready to pour the deck next Monday. Called the PB to clear up a few issues on drains in the deck and exact dimensions for outdoor kitchen, etc.. so hoping that doesn't hold us up.

End Day 10

Looking really nice. One observation, I don't see a deeper area in the far right corner of the roof covered area where the corner post will be sitting. The concrete there should also be deeper like the concrete will be (dug out area) under the kitchen cabinet section. Ideally you don't want a post just sitting on concrete that is only the thickness of a standard concrete pad.

Hopefully they get your concrete contoured correctly to drain efficiently into the drains I think I see. Ours did not drain well and they had to remedy with a makeshift channel drain. I was a little disappointed because I let them talk me out of a channel drain to begin with based upon appearance. But in the end an after-the-fact channel drain looks not as nice as one put in from the get-go. A quality concrete crew shouldn't have an issue doing it correctly, though it's something that will be hard for you to assess until the first rain occurs (or your hose is fired up).

Thanks for the tips. I met with PB today and actually discussed a few of these items, like location of the posts, etc. I think they are going to hold off and pour on Tuesday so we can make adjustments Monday. Which is great....gives me all weekend to sit and look at it!

What fun you have had! THANKS for sharing with us!

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not go ahead and order one. Look at my siggy below to find the link to them. It will save you SO much money and time. It is also fun to do (at least to me LOL).

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.