Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New build Rockwall, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New build Rockwall, TX

Well, wasn't expecting to start until next week, but the PB wanted to beat the potential for rain. Looks like they made some progress quickly.

By end of day one, hole dug.
    By end of day two, steel in and plumbing about done.

I will take some more pics when I get home as I got a call from PB and said we were first on inspector's list, so they went ahead and brought the gunite crew in today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockwall, Texas 38 x 22 Freeform Gunite heated pool and spa, 30,240 gallon, SWG, cartridge, Jandy Watercolors, Stonescapes mini pebble, 4 ton grotto, flagstone coping, outdoor kitchen

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build Rockwall, TX

Welcome to TFP!!!

Just a heads up on an issue you are going to run into: To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome and keep posting pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

End of Day 3. they beat the rain. Now just get to keep the dog out of the mud for a while.

Rockwall, Texas 38 x 22 Freeform Gunite heated pool and spa, 30,240 gallon, SWG, cartridge, Jandy Watercolors, Stonescapes mini pebble, 4 ton grotto, flagstone coping, outdoor kitchen

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Isn't it amazing where they can get in 3 days! I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the most exciting day of our build for me.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

[QUOTE=fijidaniel;754330]End of Day 3. they beat the rain. Now just get to keep the dog out of the mud for a while.

Good Luck, we just filled our pool with water and still yelling at the dog for muddy paws.....

7. Back To Top    #7

Did your PB recommend watering the gunite 3 times per day for the first 7 days?
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

It was initially water twice per day. He said with the incoming front and rain, once would have been fine on the weekend. I watered twice anyways though!

I think it made me look like I knew what I was doing since I have spent a lot of time just standing there staring at it I am pretty sure the neighbors wonder why I just stand there and gaze like Clark in Christmas Vacation.

9. Back To Top    #9

What is the depth of the pool going to be?

10. Back To Top    #10

The plans call for 3.5' down to 8' in the deep end.

I came home today to the waterline tile and flagstone coping in. It was too dark to take pics, so I'll try to take some tomorrow.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

that's the end of day3? I hate you.

okay, I don't hate you, but I'm jealous. look at the timeline for mine in my sig....to give you an idea of why.

looking great!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    that's the end of day3? I hate you.

okay, I don't hate you, but I'm jealous. look at the timeline for mine in my sig....to give you an idea of why.

looking great!
    Yeah thats super fast! Have your builder call my guys and harass em
    2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

13. Back To Top    #13

What are you going to do for privacy from your neighbors?

14. Back To Top    #14

Lots of landscaping!!

- - - Updated - - -

So they sprayed the gunite on Thursday. I came home Monday not expecting them to have the tile done and working on the coping...

End of Day 7

- - - Updated - - -

I was out of town on Day 8, but came home and they had finished the stone work on the hot tub and grotto. They also ran gas and electrical and installed all of the equipment. Kind of nice to move quickly, but having trouble keeping up taking pics since it gets dark early this time of year.

Grotto

15. Back To Top    #15

They are really moving!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

So by end of day 9, they had finished the plumbing and were ready for inspection. Inspector came early on day 10 and by end of day, we were graded and ready to pour the deck next Monday. Called the PB to clear up a few issues on drains in the deck and exact dimensions for outdoor kitchen, etc.. so hoping that doesn't hold us up.

End Day 10

17. Back To Top    #17

Thought I'd go ahead and show the plans to get an idea of the projects. The covered area over the kitchen should be a little larger and we made some adjustments here and there, but overall mostly the same.

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Looking really nice. One observation, I don't see a deeper area in the far right corner of the roof covered area where the corner post will be sitting. The concrete there should also be deeper like the concrete will be (dug out area) under the kitchen cabinet section. Ideally you don't want a post just sitting on concrete that is only the thickness of a standard concrete pad.

Hopefully they get your concrete contoured correctly to drain efficiently into the drains I think I see. Ours did not drain well and they had to remedy with a makeshift channel drain. I was a little disappointed because I let them talk me out of a channel drain to begin with based upon appearance. But in the end an after-the-fact channel drain looks not as nice as one put in from the get-go. A quality concrete crew shouldn't have an issue doing it correctly, though it's something that will be hard for you to assess until the first rain occurs (or your hose is fired up).
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks for the tips. I met with PB today and actually discussed a few of these items, like location of the posts, etc. I think they are going to hold off and pour on Tuesday so we can make adjustments Monday. Which is great....gives me all weekend to sit and look at it!

20. Back To Top    #20

What fun you have had! THANKS for sharing with us!

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not go ahead and order one. Look at my siggy below to find the link to them. It will save you SO much money and time. It is also fun to do (at least to me LOL).

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast