Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 380 quick disconnect

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 380 quick disconnect

Hello,
    The quick disconnect on my polaris 380 has cracked in several spots and needs to be replaced. The issue is that I believe it is an older version, I think from around 2004 or 2005 perhaps, and I can't seem to find the part number or the part itself on a variety of online pool sales sites etc. Any suggestions ? I attached a picture of the quick attach.
    I also need to replace the back up valve as it tends to blow at least partially all the time and rob the cleaner of pressure. The clear hose that actually attaches to the cleaner head has become quite hard and tends to steer the cleaner etc. I plan to just buy some clear tubing from Home Depot perhaps, is there any particular kind I need to get ?
    Thanks for any suggestions! I really can't complain about this cleaner, having had it since 04-05 with few to none issues, it just needs some maintenance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 380 quick disconnect

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry no one has answered, but I'm giving this a bump with a reply. Hopefully someone else has had to replace this and can share what they did.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I have looked everywhere for this bad boy and I think I found it.

Part Numbers: D23 Quick Disconnect Adapter, 412-007 Bushing, 412-007 Elbow, D31 Strainer Housing - Clear, D36 Strainer, G52 - Back Up Valve.

This style is super old, like Pre - 91 old

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey,
    Thanks, I greatly appreciate the reply. I had no idea it was that old. The 380 itself I'm sure is from around 04-05, but I guess this was a leftover part I found somewhere. From the parts you have given me it takes care of everything except the white plastic " female" side of the quick disconnect that is spring loaded right under the clear strainer housing. Any luck on that part?
    Perhaps I should consider replacing the disconnect setup with the more modern part.
    Any suggestion on type of house for the clear part right above the cleaner?
    Thanks again for any replies!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Where is it on this list?

6. Back To Top    #6

It appears to be part number 6 on the 91 and prior part list. For the 10ft clear hose that is actually going into the machine, I simply cut it and insert the back up valve into it?
    Sorry to ask so many questions, but I do appreciate the replies!

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by nickco201 View Post
    It appears to be part number 6 on the 91 and prior part list. For the 10ft clear hose that is actually going into the machine, I simply cut it and insert the back up valve into it?
    Sorry to ask so many questions, but I do appreciate the replies!
    That part is a D26. The hose can be taken off the old valve and popped on to the new one. make sure to secure it with the nuts