Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Venturi Net Recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Venturi Net Recommendations

During the fall and winter, my pool is inundated with leaves and the Polaris just can't keep up. During thee times I will use a venturi type leaf bagger to get leaves off the bottom of the pool. The one I had for like 10 years finally broke so I went to Leslie's to buy a new one. This is the one I bought.

http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-2...ombo/20144.htm

The old one worked very well and had some metal parts, like where the hose hooked up to it. The new one is a POS. The hose connector is plastic and the nozzles don't create enough suction to hardly vacuum any leaves up. Leslie's wouldn't take it back because it was scratched up already so I am looking for a better one. Anyone have a recommendation for one that works like it's supposed to and vacuums the leaves up efficiently?
    Pool Specs:
    16,000 gal. IG - Plaster - Auto Chlorinator
    FNS 48 DE Filter - 2HP Centurion Pump (A.O. Smith)
    Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump - Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Venturi Net Recommendations

Anyone?
    Pool Specs:
    16,000 gal. IG - Plaster - Auto Chlorinator
    FNS 48 DE Filter - 2HP Centurion Pump (A.O. Smith)
    Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump - Polaris 360

3. Back To Top    #3

We get tons of leaves in the winter and I find a standard old school leaf net works just fine:

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Any way to catch them all before they sink? Maybe a PoolSkim would help?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

This is why i love my VS pump. It runs at 1100 rpm 24x7 and is always skimming. It only draws about 150w at this speed. I have to empty my skimmer baskets 2, 3 or more times per day, but that is a lot better than emptying the cleaner bag, and the skimmers hold a ton more leaves. Then there are some days when you just have to get the net.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach