Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Aquapure 1400

I have had my pool for about 4 years and it seems like every year I get an error code and the pool company comes and replaces the sensor. I am getting error code 121 right now. I am guessing that is the sensor again. Is this normal, I am not thinking it is. If not what could be the underlying problem.

Re: Aquapure 1400

I don't have one but it looks like you could try cleaning the cell if it looks like it needs it, check the cord leading to the cell (and it's connectors) for damage and then see if it's working properly. The #127 looks ominous.

121 Low current in reverse direction to cell Clean cell if necessary and check DC cord

127 Low current in reverse direction and VAC input voltage below 100-200 VAC Contact a pool professional

I have a Jandy Aquapure RS panel and with PDA. My dog decided to eat the remote. So my options are to buy another remote or get the iaqualink. The question I have is will the iaqualink allow me to program my pump timers. Also where to buy it and what do I need to make it work. Thanks

AquaPure 1400 Help

I have a 4 year old aquapure 1400 that seems to have a problem every year but this is the first time it is out of warranty. I am getting codes 125 and 194. The sensor is clean. Would buying a new sensor and cell fix my problem. Any help would be great.

Re: AquaPure 1400 Help

If you Google those codes it looks like they are the sign the cell is shot. Replacing the cell seems to be the cure.

Re: AquaPure 1400 Help

Check to make sure the cell is clean also. There is a chance something is wrong with the power cord, but when those codes happen it is usually because the cell needs to be replaced.

Use the search function and look for a troubleshooting guide for the aquapure. There is a voltage reading of 28 Volts that you can confirm to make sure that the cord is not the problem.

I would buy a cell and sensor together if the cord is fine.

I'm not familiar with the aquapure aspect, but I had a similar setup -- a Jandy Aqualink RS6. I installed an iaqualink fairly easily. There are two versions the iaqualink and the iaqualink 2. I'm not sure the difference, but my experience is with the first version.

Anyway, to answer your question about programing pump timers: it is actually extremely flexible on programming schedules. I can basically program any device to come on or off at whatever time I want. It is basically just about as flexible as I could possibly want -- I can even set schedules for temperatures and flow rates (with my intelliflo VF pump). It's nice being able to configure my pool schedules from the comfort of my computer.

As far as where to buy it a quick google search will yield places to order it online. I used the IQ900-RS to upgrade my system. I'm pretty sure that would be compatible with yours. Read this thread, for example:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/55318-Jandy-iaqualink-for-PDA

If you search for IQ900-RS you can find them online for under $500. Do note, though, that's the first generation not the second -- I have no clue whether or not its worth paying for the slightly more expensive iaqualink 2 kits.

Need Help with Equipment

I have a Jandy rs system with the aquapure 1400. The salt cell has lasted approx. 3.5 years and during this time it has had to have 2 new sensors. The pool was under warranty so I did not care. Now that it is my turn to pay I did some research. From what I have found the aquapure seems to have sensor problems and at 200 bucks each I don't know if I want to do that. That would mean a cell and sensor with replacement sensors could cost 1000 bucks if it lasted 5 years.

Questions

1. Did I just get a bad aquapure or will I continue to have sensor problems if I just replace this unit.

2. Should I just switch to a more reliable SWG, all the builders around here are using the Pentair systems.

Also another problem is my dog ate my jandy PDA so I will have to buy another at 350 or go the iPhone route for 500.

I really don't want to but am considering a VS pump and just to a whole new set up. I would do this if the power savings would pay for the pump in under 3 years. I currently have a jandy stealth 1.5 pump. Thanks in advance.

You will save money on electrical use with a VS or 2-speed pump, but how much depends on how much you are paying for electricity.

I would say there isn't any problem free SWG on the market at the moment. Some are better than others and not all units will have problems. I went through 3 sensors while under warranty similar to yours, but this last sensor has been working for around 2 years.

Do some investigation if other brands of SWG's will work with the Jandy RS system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.