Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB and closing

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB and closing

OK..I converted this year to the BBB method. I'm totally thrilled because it has cost me considerable less to maintain my pool this year and have had no problems. I live in KY. and the weather has already started to cool up. Nights have been in the 60's so I'm considering closing for the year.

My question is...what do I need to do? How much bleach do I put in to get my levels up? My pool is around 11,000 gals. Will the bleach fade my liner over the winter with the water not being circulated?

I couldn't find anything that addresses these questions on this site.
    Suzanne Marie Kunz

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: BBB and closing

Welcome to TFP!

If you are doing a standard winter closing you normally bring the FC level up to shock level, which won't cause any problems for the liner.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Welcome to TFP!!

Jason is too modest to point you here for some expert advice on closing a pool 8)

Please read that and if you have any questions about how to close your pool, just ask - and we'll be happy to answer

(sorry to hear that you'll be closing the pool so early )
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Covington, Georgia

Re: Closing BBB AG pool 11,000 gal

There is a section in our pool school about Winterizing (closing) Your Above Ground Pool. There is also a section right underneath in this same thread about opening one in the spring time.
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Middle Tennessee

Identical topics merged - Moderator
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"