Portable Wi-fi speakers to enjoy by the pool

I use a 150 dollar mini stereo that I just keep covered in plastic when weather rears it's head. Has CD, bluetooth (so those pesky guests can play DJ on their phones, and USB drive port. Am/FM of course. Unit sits on top of my tiki bar with the speakers inside. But dang that Sonos is nice!

I was going through same issue when doing my outdoor setup. I wanted a decent outdoor bluetooth setup that would be weather resistant and can be up all year long that I didn't have to charge batteries or constantly worry about being broken or damaged around water and sun.

A great post and setup I found on the site here which I replicated also (credit to the original poster/designer):

I hard wired mine into a switch in the crawlspace right by the outside patio and am running 3 outdoor speakers (not 4 for a reason) off the little amp with plenty of output. Bluetooth range on the Iphone is pretty good considering going through screen patio and side of house wood. A bit over a year running it all year long and no issues so far. Happy I did it for just a bit over $100. Throwing out another option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.