18 ft or 24 ft? 48" or 52"? any pics??

Jan 27, 2015
lake jackson, tx
We are debating between getting an 18 ft circular above ground pool or going for a big24 ft pool... we have space for either but Ijust can decide... I was hoping yall would have pics of yalls and could post so I could get a better idea of how much room the have.... there are no big pool dealers in my area so I cant go see any set up... :/ thanks a lot for any help in advance!!! :)

Re: 18 ft or 24 ft? any pics??

I went with the maximum size I could... never regretted it for a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

24ft Sharkline Matrix

920380_601111839907958_662305257_o.jpg

1149729_650121758340299_872518333_o.jpg

10464081_814973871855086_6945585437286931216_n.jpg

Like Bama said, if you can fit it and afford the extra cost go for it. I wanted to go with 27, but that would put it too close to my house. 24' is a good medium size, no problem having a bunch of kids in it. If you do go smaller, you will always say to yourself 'man, I could/should of went bigger'. Here are a few pictures of mine. There are also more in my signature. I still have some more work to finish it up this coming summer, but just small stuff.

IMG_0786.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7F90AA8E-3841-449C-854C-6BE2B3493C2C.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0780.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Count me in as another vote for going as big as your yard/budget will allow. That said, I just moved out of my former house with a small 12x26 in ground and had just as much fun as in bigger pools. The larger pool gives you more room for floats if that's your thing and also allows for the kids to splash and play without getting in the adults' way. You can't can't go wrong either way, but if both are options, go with the larger size.

Also, I have one more question, what kind and how much sand did you use to level under your pools?

How many people is a relative term. How big are the people :) I didn't finish my pool till the end of summer, and we had a crappy summer up here. So we only had one big party, and at one point there were about 10-12 kids with a few adults. There was plenty of room. The kids were jumping in off the deck and the adults were down at the other end chatting. There was a lot of extra room. The pictures do not do it much justice, its bigger than the picture seems to show.

I ordered 4 tons (3.5 cubic yards). for me it was plenty with some extra. I also used a gorilla pad over that.

I wish I had a smaller pool... said no one ever!

Go with the 24ft or larger if you can swing it. I have a 24ft n if I had room, I'd of gotten a bigger pool. I've had 8 children in my pool at once and a diving dog. It was nothing to be the major hang out place for summers on end, packed with kids. The most I've had in my New 24ft pool has been 6, 3 adults 2 teenagers cannon balling with 1 of those adults and my 1yr old granddaughter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We did our pool on a super small budget... Pool, Deck, Pool Builder and crushed rock I think we have just a hair under 5k invested in everything including the 16x16 deck. As far as how much sand you need get your area level and measure a good 2-4 inches of sand all the way around and rent a compactor if your doing it yourself.

And I love seeing all these pics of the nice pools!! Anyone have any with people in it? To get a better feel for the depth and space??

I bought the tallest wall at 54" and I absolutely love it. My husband doesn't really like deep water so this is good for us. We are pretty much the only 2 that use the pool and since we now have a granddaughter, she gets included in on the fun too.

Here is the pool from the road right as we were starting on the post for the deck....

My hubby loves to float instead of swim...

Looking across the pool at my new skin savers... lol The pool is in full sun all day long!

Having a snack on the deck...

And floating in the pool.

We went from the 18' intex ring pool to a 21', we regret that we didn't go with a 30' after all if you have the room and money to do it, you should. As I said...wish we would've. We have had 12 adults in the pool at one time, that's the most.

I would encourage you to look at poolsupplyworld.com. They have better quality pools in my opinion. I own one too. I believe they also have free shipping but check n make sure.

We debated between 24' and 27'. We decided on the 24' because I thought it just fit better in the yard. Pretty happy with it so far.

20140725_120723_small.jpg
20140725_120738_small.jpg
20140814_160849_small.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.