18 ft or 24 ft? 48" or 52"? any pics??

Re: Big difference between 48" and 52" deep pool??

I merged your threads together. Please keep your related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Depends on how tall you are ;)

4" is certainly enough to make the difference of standing and able to breathe ... or not. But for most adults, I would not think it would make a real difference. Rarely do people wish they got a smaller pool.

I think those dimensions are the wall height, so at the edge, the water will be a few inches less than that. And if you dish out the bottom, then it will be deeper in the middle.

One other thing to remember is that if you are brushing and vacuuming, you need to be able to reach over the side from the outside, so that could matter if you were vertically challenged :mrgreen:

More often than not, you are better off buying your pump and filter separately as most "kits" are not matched well. The pump is too big and the filter is too small. Better off with a smaller 2-speed pump with a larger filter.

More often than not, you are better off buying your pump and filter separately as most "kits" are not matched well. The pump is too big and the filter is too small. Better off with a smaller 2-speed pump with a larger filter.
So in your opinion I would t want to purchase something like this for a 24' round pool? https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&sa=X&ei=7DbMVPO9B_OLsQT_2IJY&ved=0CA8Q8wIwAQ (sorry for so many questions, just new to this and want to get the correct things needed) so thanks for any tips/advice!

That's not a big enough. You want to look for a pump that's 2 speeds, a low that you can run 12 +hours without tearing a hole in your pocket from electric usage n you can run it on high to perform maintenance on the pool for an hour or 2. That's an ideal pump.

The filter, you just can't get a big enough one. It's going to be catching all the hair, dirt, grass n sediment that accumulates in a pool. They need cleaned. The duration of cleaning will depend on a few factors, #1 being how big or small the filter is and how much dirt n leaves the pool will collect due to location. My filter can go all summer without being cleaned because I have no trees dumping in my pool. I cleaned it twice last year only because I was dumping water due to rain.

You also have a choice between cartridge, sand and DE filters.

18 ft or 24 ft? 48" or 52"? any pics??

I would get that pump in a 1 hp 2 speed. The 1 hp is plenty of pump.
That's the pump I have, Hayward Matrix 1 hp 2 speed and it works great. A very popular pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No. I use bleach. Maybe down the road I may switch to salt, but for now I'm fine just using bleach. I add a quart to a quart 1/2 every night during the peak summer usage. Very simple.
I have a baby who will be a year old this summer and I figure saltwater would be safest since I plan on spending a lot of time in the pool with her this summer.. to my understanding I can buy a saltwater system and it hooks up to the pump you recommended right? Or am I missing something? Lol!

When we bought our pool, we were told that we could not convert to salt because it was a steel walled pool. Not sure how accurate that is, but you may want to consider if you plan to go salt.

SWG coverts the salt to chlorine which is the same as bleach. The only difference is, the SWG is making and adding it to the pool instead of you dumping the bleach yourself. I have a soon to be 2 yr old granddaughter and she does just fine with our pool using bleach.

We went with a 24'-54" round pool.

Its big. Its deep. The deck will be pretty high off the ground. But i'm glad we did. My son is 6 and already 50" tall, so when he gets older, the deeper pool will benefit us. Plus it being deeper now, he can cannonball in and not hit the bottom. My inlaws have an older 48" pool and sometimes his butt hits the bottom when he jumps in. As they say....Size matters. In my case, the extra 6" makes a world of difference....(no comments!!!!!! LOL)

We had the room for a 27' or even a 30', but wanted to save room in the yard. 24' seems pretty big when you are in the pool. I'm sure when my kids get older and have friends over, I will wish i got the 27' or even the 30', but for now i'm very happy with the 24'. Less bleach cost as well.

Hope this helps some.

And definitely go for the Matrix 2 speed. It is awesome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.