4th Day of Slamming due to high CC and CC is raising!

Jul 19, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
I have been slamming my pool since Saturday, when the CC was at 1.0. I wasn't really surprised this happened as I seemed to be going through lot of chlorine for winter time, even though the water is crystal clear. What's crazy is that every time in the past, even when the water or liner had some visible green, I was done within 2 days. Today is day 4 and the CC is double (2.0) of what it was Saturday. Plus I am losing at least 4 ppm per night with the Overnight FCC test. I haven't been tracking the overnight FC loss to see if it's decreasing, but I think it's been relatively consistent. Any ideas of why the CC is increasing? I'm scared to death of my electric bill this month, not to mention the $ I have been spending on testing chemicals. I thought I would save money with this menthod but since July when I purchased the test kit we have spent almost $700 on maintaining our pool, versus about $350 last year during the same time period. While the bleach seems relatively cheap, it and the testing chemicals are adding up! :crazy:

Thanks in advance for any feelback.

As of tonight @ dark FC = 28.0, CC = 2.0, TC = 30.0

Last edited:
Please post all test levels using the TF-100 test kit.

What was the pH before raising the FC as it will read a false high with FC above 10ppm?

How much bleach in ppm a day were you adding during the summer?

Once you kill off all the organics that are consuming the chlorine, the chlorine demand should dramatically drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.