Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4th Day of Slamming due to high CC and CC is raising!

1. Back To Top    #1

Yucaipa, CA

Question 4th Day of Slamming due to high CC and CC is raising!

I have been slamming my pool since Saturday, when the CC was at 1.0. I wasn't really surprised this happened as I seemed to be going through lot of chlorine for winter time, even though the water is crystal clear. What's crazy is that every time in the past, even when the water or liner had some visible green, I was done within 2 days. Today is day 4 and the CC is double (2.0) of what it was Saturday. Plus I am losing at least 4 ppm per night with the Overnight FCC test. I haven't been tracking the overnight FC loss to see if it's decreasing, but I think it's been relatively consistent. Any ideas of why the CC is increasing? I'm scared to death of my electric bill this month, not to mention the $ I have been spending on testing chemicals. I thought I would save money with this menthod but since July when I purchased the test kit we have spent almost $700 on maintaining our pool, versus about $350 last year during the same time period. While the bleach seems relatively cheap, it and the testing chemicals are adding up!

Thanks in advance for any feelback.

As of tonight @ dark FC = 28.0, CC = 2.0, TC = 30.0
    Last edited by KASCPAMBA; 01-27-2015 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added 4th day to subject
    11,400 Gallons, IG Vinyl, Pentair 188592 Quad D.E. Cartridge Style D.E. Pool Filter 60 Square Foot 120 GPM, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed High Performance Pool Pump 3 Horsepower 230 Volt, 1 Phase Energy Star Certified, replaced liner 8/2011, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 4th Day of Slamming due to high CC and CC is raising!

Has your cya changed recently?

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Please post all test levels using the TF-100 test kit.

What was the pH before raising the FC as it will read a false high with FC above 10ppm?

How much bleach in ppm a day were you adding during the summer?

Once you kill off all the organics that are consuming the chlorine, the chlorine demand should dramatically drop.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

How is your SLAM coming along?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter