1. What System Do I Have? P4 or PS4? 2. No power to display...

Jan 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Lets start with the basics - I recently moved and purchased a foreclosure that has a pool. I know nothing about pools, as I have never had one before. On top of that, all of my friends have chlorine pools, and the home I purchased is a salt pool.

Bottom line... The previous owners took the outdoor control panel with them when they left. I am left trying to figure out which one I need to purchase in order to run my unit.

I have called aqualogic, and they told me I needed the PS4. I ordered it and tried to install it.

Problems now:
1. The mounting posts that are currently on my circuit board do not align with the PS4 control panel
2. When I plug in the unit, it does not turn on
--> I have followed the hayward testing protocols in the manual for no display problems and everything came back good. still no power to the display
--> I pulled the circuit board, fixed one solder point. all relays are working. no blown fuses. still nothing. Will call aqualogic again tomorrow to make sure this is right.

Either way I am concerned I dont have the right part (mainly because the display doesnt align) Can anybody help? I only have 6 days to return the PS4 unit if in fact it is the incorrect one...

The first picture is of the indoor display that came with the house.
The second is my circuit board.
The third is the PS4 that I was told I needed, that does not align with the circuit board.

Attachments

• Wireless Indoor Remote - Copy.jpg
    Wireless Indoor Remote - Copy.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Circuit Board - Copy.jpg
    Circuit Board - Copy.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 47
The cutout on the Aqualogic face plate for the panel should give it away as to which one you have. From what I can see from your pictures, it looks like you have the P4. If the previous owner took the display, you don't know what else they might have done.

According to hayward, I am supposed to have the PS4 based on the date code listed on the panel door... (5L0604-1001684).

Could the PCB just be the old model? Is there a way to tell which system I have based on anything else... physical components/valves, etc?

Aqualogic PS4 - No display

Topics merged. Please keep everything relating to one question/problem/project together in one place. Thanks JasonLion

I have an aqualogic ps4. I believe my transformer on the circuit board has failed (see picture below). The number on the side is 085014-1t.

1. Does anybody know how I can test it for sure?

2. Has anybody found this transformer, or do I need to purchase an entire new board? I have searched and was not able to find it right off...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Circuit Board - Copy.jpg
    Circuit Board - Copy.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 35
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.