I have always used Sodium Monopersulfate in the hot tubs I take care of, but I have come across other non-chlorine shocks that contain Potassium Peroxymonosulfate. I have tried the Potassium Peroxymonosulfate in a few tubs, but I don't think I'm getting the same result I was with Sodium Monopersulfate.
Should these two chemicals behave similarly? In my experience, with a bromine tub, Sodium Monopersulfate would re-activate the bromine in a matter of seconds. When I tried the Potassium Peroxymonosulfate, I didn't get any result even after several minutes.
Are they meant for different applications, or do they essentially serve the same purpose?