Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter pool use

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter pool use

I have a radio controlled sub. If I have a pool with an autocover, is it OK to pull the cover back and use the pool to play with the sub? Is there any potential issue if the pool is uncovered briefly? The pool is an inground 20x40 ft pool. It is closed for the winter by the company who built it last summer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter pool use

I often open up my pool during the winter, just to see it, check it out, let out any pent up gasses, etc. It is just a matter of turning a key at my house, and it closes up in equally easy. No harm done.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome. Thanks. I hope the sub works now.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like it will be a good time. Can you post a picture or two?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

sounds like fun to me! and yeah, post pics!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

I'll try. But I have to wait for the ice to break first.